Thursday, August 9, 2018

Portulaca gilliesii

portulaca gilliesii from Hongkong

Portulaca gilliesii

The only plant that I bought from Hongkong last year that was propagated and really thrived. Out of 7 plants, this portulaca was the only one that I was able to multiply and was able to sell a couple of propagations and shared to other hobbyists as well.

She is one  of my favorites. When I first saw the post on fb pages, I fell inlove and wish one day I could have this plant. I tried to ask online but, yay, it was too pricey. I heard they paid 800 pesos for only a branch of that said plant and I said to myself, I cant afford such amount.

The Hongkong trip was the answer. I never thought I could find lots of plats at Prince Eduard flower market in Hongkong. I wish I had the whole day, but I only have a couple of minutes to enjoy and embrace the beauties before my very eyes. There was no time and I just grabbed a few pieces that I could afford.
this plant didnt survive


out of four plants; only the truncata survived

Looking forward for the Thailand trip on November 1-7, 2018. Hope I can have cool plants hauls and be able to propagate as well.


Common name: portulaca
Scientfic name: Portulaca gilliesii

Plant care: based on experience and the weather is Cebu; its full sun and water daily; to achieve the super red color; I place them on the roof soaked in a basin of water.

0 comments:

Post a Comment